Funny email: Indian Contractor

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the No. 10. Downing street.

One is an English worker, another is a scottish worker, and the third is an Indian worker.

All three go with a No.10 offical to examine the fence.

English contractor takes out a tape measure & does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

“Well,” he says, “I figure the job will run to about £500: £200 for materials, £200 for my crew and £100 profit for me.”

Scottish contractor also does some measuring, figuring, then says, “I can do this job for £600: £250 for materials, £250 for my crew and £100 profit for me.”

The Indian contractor doesn’t measure or figure, but leans over to the No.10 official and whispers, “£1500.”

The official, incredulous, says, “You didn’t even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?”

The Indian contractor whispers back, “£500 for me, £500 for you, and we hire the English contractor to fix the fence.” “Done!” replies the government official.

No comments:

Post a Comment